No longer in existence, it was in what is now the grounds of St Pius X College, which faces Anderson Street. The cemetery was almost directly behind the back of what in earlier times was the Council Pound and is now Willoughby Library.
In 1863 William Lithgow gave about three acres of land for a Catholic Cemetery. The cemetery later became known as Coopers Flat cemetery because of a hut nearby belonging to a man called Cooper.
Few of the headstones survive. On 18th December 1985 the Community of Christian Brothers attached to St Pius X College formally dedicated their chapel as the Coopers Flat Memorial Chapel to the memory of those buried in what is now part of the school playground.
There is a brief and incomplete list of those buried there. The last date is 1905."
from Willoughby Library Fact Sheet.
Librarian Reference Services (Local Studies)
Willoughby City Library
407 Victoria Ave, Chatswood NSW 2060
Ph: 9777 7925