Currajong (Comonju) Cemetery

Currajong Farms Road

Skyring Reserve



Online Data
Headstone Photos

Online Data



LAT: -25.05465

LONG: 151.95252

The Currajong Cemetery is located approximately two kilometres west of the Bruce Highway, a short distance off Currajong Farms Road. The L-shaped, grassed, levelled site measures 0.7 hectares and the northern part is surrounded by a post and four-wire fence with access through a metal gate. The remainder of the cemetery is surrounded by cane fields.

The shape of the reserve suggests that the cemetery has been reduced over time in land area and there is a high probability of unmarked graves. The first recorded burials in the cemetery appear to have been in 1891

The cemetery holds approximately twenty burials and given its proximity to Wallaville, was presumably the cemetery for that town as well as the surrounding Currajong district. The cemetery (and immediate area) is also known as Cumonju, although the origins of this name are unknown.

Two headstones, placed side-by-side on the ground, are located in the centre of the northern section of the cemetery.

They belong to Frank W Martin, died 23 March 1921, and William J Martin, died 30 January 1931. The inscriptions are very weathered.






Photographs and Data By

These pages were produced by P.Applebee ©2019