Campbelltown St. Martins C/E Cemetery
Cnr. Gorge Road & Lower North East Road
Forever Remembered Online Data
Entrance is via Gorge Road. This cemetery was established in 1856.
It is the final resting place of many early pioneer settlers of the district and their descendants. In the very early days of colonisation, the surrounding area consisted of only a few pastoral settings. Beautiful native trees and bushlands predominated, but gradually small hamlets and farms settled in to these graceful surroundings. By the late eighteen hundreds this favoured land had become a patchwork of green orchards and gardens. Little wonder this part was to be given the name 'Paradise'.
The old church is now operated by a Funeral Director with a newer one having been built at the front of the carpark.