Clarendon Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery
Grants Gully Road
The building is now a private residence and the associated cemetery is closed. There were 58 recorded burials in the cemetery, the first being in February 1865 and the last in October 1875.
A few headstones that survived have now been relocated to the Kangarilla Cemetery.
On the 20th December 1849 George Morphett gave this portion of his land on 'Mt. Zion' as the site for a Wesleyan Chapel in Clarendon.
Its erection was sponsored by the Morphett, Burgess, Thorpe, Bottrill, Field and Jacobs families, all prominent in the establishment of the settlements at Clarendon, Kangarilla and Cherry Gardens. The opening ceremony for this chapel was performed by the Rev. T T Null, in December 1851. In 1874 the building was sold to the Board of Education, where it was subsequently used as a schoolroom and Druids Hall. A porch was added to the structure sometime between 1872 and 1885.