Edithburgh CemeteryCoobowie Road Edithburgh
Yorke Peninsula Council 15 Edithburgh Road
At the rear of the Edithburgh cemetery is an empty paddock which contains a mass grave. This is where the bodies lie of the crew of the 'Clan Ranald' who drowned when the steamship sank off Troubridge Hill on 31st January 1909.
For no known reason the 3657 tonne freighter, which had only left Port Adelaide that morning loaded with wheat and flour, began to list and eventually burned over and sank. On the 5th March 1982, the wreck was one of the first to be declared a historic wreck under the South Australian Historic Shipwrecks Act.
The officers of the Shipwreck are buried within the general cemetery.